To combine organic and nutritional performance, one of our challenges has been to design our lipid sources.
We observed that there was no satisfactory oil in powder form on the market. Indeed, there is no organic oil with both an interesting lipid profile and a carrier (necessary for the powder format) with nutritional value.
We have therefore designed and developed a unique blend of oils that meets our own quality criteria with a microencapsulation specialist. We are the only player in the market to have taken up this challenge! This allows us to offer you products with an excellent lipid profile.
- The oil atomization process
- Our selection of oils and carriers
- The result: the best lipid profile on the market for the Daily organic range, in addition to its excellent nutritional values
The oil atomization process
The oils used in our range of drinking foods are in powder form. To be in this form, they must first be dried by spraying. Atomizing an oil consists in reducing it to solid molecules from its liquid state.
The process starts with the emulsion of the oils with a carrier. The emulsion is then sprayed in the form of microcapsules. Microcapsules are made of lipid droplets included in the carrier. These microcapsules are then dried and we obtain our mixture in powder form.
The oil used in the area is generally sunflower oil with a maltodextrin carrier. Sunflower oil is rich in omega 6, which is usually consumed in excess and increases the risk of cardiovascular disease. Today, there is no oil with an interesting lipid profile, a good nutritional quality carrier and the organic label, so we have launched a project to co-develop a mixture of oils and its tailor-made carrier with Creathes, a microencapsulation specialist.
Our selection of oils and carriers
We have chosen oleic sunflower, rapeseed and flax oils. This mixture allows us to obtain an excellent lipid profile that we detail in the 3rd part of our article.
As for the support, we have selected rosemary extract as well as manioc and acacia fibres, which we are the only ones to use in Europe in our category. Rosemary extract is a natural antioxidant that avoids adding artificial additives. We chose to use manioc and acacia fibre for nutritional reasons:
- The use of manioc (unrefined manioc syrup) allows us to avoid lactose carrier, which can cause digestive discomfort.
- Acacia fibres have a double function: in addition to being an excellent technical carrier for our oils, they have a prebiotic effect1. That is, they have the ability to modulate the intestinal flora by feeding the useful bacteria in our intestines.
The result: the best lipid profile on the market for the Daily bio range, in addition to its excellent nutritional values
By making a very rigorous choice of our ingredients and oils, we have developed our formulas to obtain the best possible lipid profile (if you want to quickly review the different categories of lipids, we explain everything in this article - in French).
In the table below, you will find the recommendations2 of the Anses as a % of the AET (total energy intake), i.e. the proportion that the fatty acid family must represent on the total energy intake of a day to stay healthy. You will also find Vitaline's specifications that go beyond the recommendations, as well as the distribution of fatty acids in our products, and by which main ingredients they are supplied.
We took as an example our Cocoa version:
- The main saturated fatty acids present in our products are MCT (medium chain triglycerides) and stearic acid. Unlike most saturated fatty acids, MCT are not atherogenic, i.e. they do not attach to the walls of the arteries7. They also have the particularity of being a very high availability energy source for brain cells. Stearic acid is not atherogenic and has the particularity of desaturating rapidly to oleic acid, so it takes on the function of an omega 98.
- Our products in the Daily bio range are rich in omega 3. The omega 6/omega 3 ratio we obtain is very good: less than 3; it is on average 17 in the diet of Westerners, while it is advisable to have a ratio of less than 49. Omega 3s are necessary for the development and functioning of the brain, nervous system and retina. They also have a protective role against cardiovascular diseases4. In our products, they come mainly from our blend of oils. They are in the form of ALA7, the main source of omega 3 of plant origin.
- Finally, our omega 9 are in the form of oleic acid. They act on LDL (''bad'' cholesterol) and HDL (''good'' cholesterol) levels and may reduce the risk of developing cardiovascular disease10.
Thanks to our unique blend of oils and the rigorous selection of our ingredients, we obtain an excellent lipid profile, which goes well beyond the recommendations.
We have developed a source of lipids that we believe is the highest quality in our category in Europe, well ahead of our competitors. Once again, we have placed scientific expertise and quality at the heart of our product development, to take a new step forward in terms of nutritional performance!
By buying our products and giving us your feedback on our forum, you are helping us to further advance nutrition! Thank you!